Mini-workshops under the auspices of the ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
These are specialized workshops (initiated by members of the ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel or other individuals) and less formal than the full-sized Advanced Beam Dynamics Workshops requiring ICFA-Approval. Although there is no requirement to publish proceedings, they are in fact published in many cases. Detailed Guidelines for ICFA Mini-Workshops are found below at the bottom of this page.
Links of upcoming and previous ICFA Mini-Workshops:
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Space Charge, November 4-6, 2019 at CERN, Switzerland.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Mitigation of Coherent Beam Instabilities in Particle Accelerators, September 23-27, 2019, in Zermatt, Switzerland.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Slow Extraction 2019, July 22-24, 2019, at Fermi National Laboratory, USA.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Beam Tests and Commissioning of Low Emittance Storage Rings, February 18–20, 2019, at KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on DAFNE as Open Accelerator Test Facility in year 2020, December 17, 2018, at Frascati Laboratory of INFN, Italy.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Higher Order Modes in Superconducting Cavities, October 1-3, 2018 at Cornell University, USA.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Machine Learning Applications for Particle Accelerators, February 28-March 2, 2018 at SLAC, California, USA.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Beam-Beam Effects in Circular Colliders, 5-7 February 2018, Berkeley, CA, USA.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Slow Extraction 2017, November 9-11, 2017, at CERN.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Dynamic Apertures of Circular Accelerators, November 1-3, 2017, at IHEP, China.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop, “Space Charge 2017”, October 4-6, 2017, at TU Darmstadt, Germany.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Non-linear Dynamics and Collective Effects, September 19-22, 2017, Arcidosso, Italy.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Impedance and Beam Instabilities in Particle Accelerators, 19-22 September 2017, Benevento, Italy.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Very High Energy Electron (VHEE) Radiotherapy: Medical and Accelerator Physics Aspects Towards Machine Realization, July 24-26, 2017, at Cockcroft Institute, Daresbury, UK.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Future Gamma-Gamma Collider, April 23-26, 2017 in Beijing, China
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Beam Dynamics meets Vacuum, Collimations, and Surfaces, 8-10 March 2017, Karlsruhe, Germany.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on High Order Modes in Superconducting Cavities 2016, 22-24 August 2016 Warnemünde, Germany
· Tracking for collimation, Oct 30, 2015, CERN.
· Electromagnetic wakefields and impedances in Particle Accelerators, 23-29 April, Erice (Sicily, Italy). Application deadline is January 31, 2014.
· ICFA Mini-Workshop on Commissioning of SuperKEKB and e+e– Colliders Nov. 11 to 13 at KEK.
· Beam-beam Effects in Hadron Colliders (BB2013). CERN. March 18-22, 2013
· Space Charge 2013 (SC13), CERN, April 15-19, 2013
· 2012 Deflecting/Crabbing Cavity Applications in Accelerators Mini-Workshop, Host: Tsinghua University, China, July 18-20, 2012 in Lanzhou, China.
· Higher-Order-Mode Diagnostics and Suppression in Superconducting Cavities (HOMSC12). Conference Summary. June 25-27, 2012. Cockcroft Institute, UK.
· HG2012. International Workshop on Breakdown Science and High Gradient Technology, April 18-20, 2012, KEK, Japan.
· DLA 2011, The Dielectric Laser Accelerator Workshop, was held September 15-16, 2011 at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.
· The Low Emittance Rings workshop (an ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel Mini-Workshop) , October 3-5, 2011 in Heraklion on the island of Crete. Workshop Announcement.
· ICFA Advanced Beam Dynamics Mini-Workshop: X-Band RF Structures, Beam Dynamics and Sources (XB10).Cockroft Institute (UK), November 30 - December 3, 2010.
· 2nd ICFA Mini-Workshop on Deflecting/Crabbing RF Cavity Applications in Accelerators. This workshop took place at the Cockcroft Institute (UK) from Tuesday April 21 through Friday April 23, 2010
· Symposium in Memory of Robert H. Siemann and Workshop on Novel Concepts for Linear Accelerators and Colliders, July 7-10, 2009 at SLAC.
· Mini-Workshop on Laser-Assisted H- Beam-Stripping, February 18-19, 2009, ORNL
· Advanced QED methods for future accelerators, 3-4 March, 2009, Cockcroft Institute, Daresbury, UK
Guidelines for an ICFA Mini-Workshop:
· This is a small size workshop and more flexible. The number of participants can vary and is usually in the range 30 to 80.
· It is sponsored by the ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel.
· The proposal should be sent by e-mail to the Panel Chair, including workshop dates, venue, names of organizers, and a statement of its topic.
· It needs Panel approval, which usually takes about 2 weeks.
· There should be at least one ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel member on the organizing committee.
· It can be by invitation only.
· No formal proceedings are required.
· The organizer is required to make an announcement prior to the workshop and write a summary report after the workshop for publication on the ICFA Beam Dynamics Newsletter.
Last Updated August 29, 2019, IH